I am still trying to get a little more organized, so I am continuing to post the monthly menu as a guide. Although I didn’t do too well at keeping up with it last month, there was improvement. I am planning 5 weeknight meals, knowing that we will probably only make about 3 each week. Again, this is only a guide.
Tips for Using This Monthly Menu:
- Print the menu and keep it visible.
- Get as many of the ingredients as you can at the beginning of the month.
- Each week get the fresh ingredients needed.
- Keep certain staples on hand (baking items, seasonings, etc.)
- Buy in bulk – Ex. See how many chicken meals you are going to plan, buy at least that much chicken and freeze them in smaller portions.
- Remember that this is just a guide. Nothing is set in stone. Use what you want to use and skip the rest.
- Use this either as a monthly menu, a weekly menu, or choose what you want for your own plan.
What this will look like:
- I have the menu on a spreadsheet with the dates, menu item, and either a brief description or a link to the online recipe.
- I am not including weekends, because we usually eat out, and there should also be enough leftovers for quick meals and snacks.
- For menu items like Grilled Chicken, I did not include a recipe. If you have questions about anything on the menu that doesn’t have an explanation, please contact me.
- I did not include sides on the menu. I try to keep plenty vegetables, couscous, rice, etc. Just fill in with your favorites.
Monthly Menu – September
|Date||Meal||Information or Link|
|1||Stuffed Chicken||In the frozen section at Costco – Chicken/Cheese/Bacon|
|2||Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole – Keto||https://joyfilledeats.com/chicken-cordon-bleu-casserole/|
|6||Forgotten Chicken (I didn’t make this last month, so I am trying again.)||https://www.food.com/recipe/forgotten-chicken-26025|
|7||Pot Roast||Put chunked potatoes, carrots, onions, pork loin or beef roast, and water in crock pot on low – Season well.|
|8||Cauliflower Rice Meal – 15 Minutes||https://homewithgraceandjoy.com/2022/06/23/my-15-minute-go-to-meal/|
|9||Street Tacos||You can use left over roast or chicken to make these. Serve on corn tortillas, and top with cilantro, onions, and salsa.|
|12||Pulled Pork||Put a pork loin in the crock pot on low. When there is about 1 hour left, add BBQ sauce – serve on buns.|
|13||Taco Salad||Brown ground meat and season with taco seasoning. Add to a salad w/cheese, sour cream, and salsa. You can add black beans and corn if you like. (Make extra meat for the nachos on Friday.|
|14||Baked Salmon||Bake with butter & seasoning – serve w/couscous & vegetables.|
|15||Beef Tips & Rice or Egg Noodles||Add beef tips & 2 jars of beef gravy to a crock pot on low – add mushrooms in during the last hour. Crock Pot|
|16||Nachos||Use the extra taco meat for this meal.|
|19||Pepper Jack Crack Chicken||https://homemadeonaweeknight.com/2022/07/11/pepper-jack-crack-chicken/|
|20||Baked Potatoes||Serve with toppings of choice.|
|21||Swiss Pork Chops||Top pork chops with butter, an onion, Rotel tomatoes, & bake.|
|22||Grilled Fish||Season & Grill – Serve with rice or couscous & vegetables. I usually use a grill pan instead of the outdoor grill, but either is fine. Grill Pan|
|26||Hamburger Patties w/ Mushrooms||Grill hamburger patties, saute’ mushrooms in butter, serve both on Texas toast (freezer section) with Swiss cheese.|
|27||Grilled Chicken||Serve with rice & veggies.|
|28||Cauliflower Pizza||Frozen section – Costco has our favorite.|
|30||Frozen Burritos W/ Chili & Cheese||Frozen Section of the Store|
Please feel free to contact me with questions, comments, or suggestions. Happy Cooking!
Have a Grace & Joy-filled day!
“When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy.” Psalms 94:19
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.