I know we still have a few more weeks of official summer, but after Labor Day, it starts to feel more like Fall, even in 95 degree weather. I guess there is just something about putting up the white after Labor Day that says Fall!!
Fall Thoughts & Ideas
I have already heard a lot of talk about pumpkin spice – it is everywhere! All of the stores are filled with Fall decorations, except for the Christmas sections. So I am curious how many of you have already decorated for Fall. I have never been one to go crazy decorating for each season, but some of the blogs I follow have given me the bug. I can’t wait to get mums and pumpkins for the the outdoor areas, and now I am planning for the inside as well.
Some friends of ours had a garage sale this past week, and I got some beautiful Fall pieces. Aren’t these dishes gorgeous?
Please share your Fall inspirations with me. For other ideas, here are a few posts I have enjoyed this week:
Fall Charcuterie Board Ideas from the Happy Nester
How to Make Pumpkin Cold Foam Coffee from Our Tiny Nest
Transforming Dollar Tree Pumpkins from WM Designs
Tips and Tricks for Styling a Fall Front Porch from Mornings on Macedonia
17 Ways to Ease Into Fall from The Crowned Goat
20 Wonderfully Delicious Fall Drink Recipes from My Life Abundant
I finished Numbers, and I am now in Deuteronomy. There are so many nuggets! Deuteronomy chapter 8 was wonderful in itself. Here are a few applications from the week.
- Deut. 3:21-22
- When you are facing uncertain times, remember what the Lord has done for you in the past.
- Let the Lord fight your battles for you. Don’t try to handle them on your own.
- Deut. 4:40 The key to true prosperity is in obeying the Lord.
- Deut. 7:22 There is protection in waiting on God’s timing!
- Deut. 8:2-3
- We learn humility in hard times.
- We learn to trust the Lord in trials.
- We see His provision in our need.
I am still working on the technical piece of making this available. Here is a little information about this upcoming book:
- Title – A,B,C’s of Proverbs 31 for Girls
- Each letter of the alphabet has:
- An applicable verse taken from Proverbs 31:10-31
- A vocabulary “character” word with the definition
- A general life application for that character trait
- A personal application/reflection
- A journal entry to record their thoughts
- It ends with all of Proverbs 31:10-31 on one page.
I hope you enjoy some of these ideas. Please share any thoughts, ideas, recipes, or applications you have.
Have a Grace & Joy-filled day!
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
“When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy.” Psalms 94:19