Tips for Using This Monthly Menu:
- Print the menu and keep it visible.
- Get as many of the ingredients as you can at the beginning of the month.
- Each week get the fresh ingredients needed.
- Keep certain staples on hand (baking items, seasonings, etc.)
- Buy in bulk when possible – Ex. See how many chicken meals you are going to plan, buy at least that much chicken and freeze them in smaller portions.
- Remember that this is just a guide. Nothing is set in stone. Use what you want to use and skip the rest.
What This Will Look Like:
- I have the menu on a spreadsheet with the dates, menu item, and either a brief description or a link to the online recipe.
- For menu items like Grilled Chicken, I did not include a recipe. If you have questions about anything on the menu that doesn’t have an explanation, please contact me.
- I did not include sides on the menu. I try to keep plenty vegetables, couscous, rice, etc. Just fill in with your favorites.
Monthly Menu – October
|Date||Meal||Information or Link|
|3||Meatloaf||This can be low-carb if you leave out the crackers/fillers.|
|4||Rotisserie Chicken||Serve with vegetables of choice.|
|5||Chicken Crust Pizza||https://feelslikehomeblog.com/chicken-crust-pizza-the-best-low-carb-gluten-free-pizza-recipe/#recipe|
|6||Chicken Alfredo||We get the Knorr brand of Alfredo with the noodles and add chicken.|
|10||Chicken Pot Pie||I will send this homemade recipe out soon. It is delicious!|
|11||Creamy Taco Soup|
|12||Grilled Fish||Season & Grill – Serve with rice or couscous & vegetables. I usually use a grill pan instead of the outdoor grill, but either is fine. Grill Pan|
|14||Corn Dogs & Mac & Cheese|
|Weekend||Nachos||Use the extra taco meat for this meal.|
|17||Homemade Chili||We use Carroll Shelby Chili packet mix. We will make a double recipe to use later in the week.|
|19||Crock Pot Pepper Steak||Add beef tips & 2 jars of beef gravy to a crock pot on low – add 3 bell peppers cut in chunks and 3 bundles of green onions cut in 1 inch pieces. Add lots of pepper & cook until the meat is tender. Serve over rice.|
|20||Frito Chili Pie or Chili Cheese Tater Tots||Use the leftover homemade chili.|
|24||Red Beans & Hot Links|
|25||Soft Tacos||Prepare extra taco meat for nachos later in the week.|
|26||Easy Mexican Casserole||https://feminologie.com/easy-mexican-casserole-recipe/|
|27||Baked Salmon||Bake with butter & seasoning – serve w/couscous & vegetables.|
|31||Beef Tips & Egg Noodles||Add beef tips & 2 jars of beef gravy to a crock pot on low – add mushrooms in during the last hour. Crock Pot|
Please feel free to contact me with questions, comments, or suggestions. Happy Cooking!
Have a Grace & Joy-filled day!
“When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy.” Psalms 94:19
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.