Candied Carrots Recipe, Ideas, & Weekly Applications
The birthday creation in the picture above is one that Jacob made me several years ago. Of course it was wonderful and delicious, because he was an amazing chef! A few years before we lost him, he made us a handwritten book with some of his favorite recipes. I decided last Thanksgiving to try and make something each year from this treasure book. I am usually not a big fan of carrots, but these Candied Carrots were amazing!
Recipe – Candied Carrots by Jacob Sikes
8 Large Carrots, cut on bias
1/2 Cup of Honey
1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
- Blanche carrots until Al Dente.
- Add brown sugar and honey to a pan and heat to a boil.
- Strain carrots and add to honey pot. Simmer for 2 1/2 minutes.
I hope you love them as much as I do!
Miscellaneous Ideas on the Web –
If you haven’t seen October’s menu, here is a link to it.
Who remembers Shrinky Dinks? Click here to see a homemade version. I hope to try these with the girls soon.
Finds & Fascinations
I absolutely love these – they taste wonderful! Do any of you already take these or drink ACV?
This comes in many colors, but this Champagne color is so light. It just leaves a shimmer.
Here are a few applications from Deuteronomy this week:
- Deut. 29:18 Roots cannot be seen, because they are under the surface. However, they are powerful, just like our thoughts. Don’t let bitterness have a chance to grow. It is like a poisonous weed.
- Deut. 30:2-9 The Lord finds delight in causing us to prosper.
- Deut. 34:10-12 What a blessing it was for Moses to have left such a legacy – the only man who “knew the Lord face to face.” Imagine what all he would have forfeited if he had given into his fears in Exodus 3 & 4!
I hope you enjoyed these recipes and ideas. Please share any thoughts, ideas, recipes, or applications you have.
Have a Grace & Joy-filled day!
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
“When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy.” Psalms 94:19
I must try the candied carrots !
There is so much wisdom in Deuteronomy, thank you for sharing..
The link to your favorite lip gloss would not work for me, but it sounds nice..
I hope you love the carrots!