The birthday creation in the picture above is one that Jacob made me several years ago. Of course it was wonderful and delicious! He really was an amazing chef!
A few years before we lost him, he made us a handwritten book with some of his favorite recipes. I decided last Thanksgiving to try and make something each year from this treasure book. I am usually not a big fan of carrots, but these Candied Carrots were amazing!
Recipe – Candied Carrots by Jacob Sikes
8 Large Carrots, cut on bias
1/2 Cup of Honey
1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
- Blanche carrots until Al Dente.
- Add brown sugar and honey to a pan and heat to a boil.
- Strain carrots and add to honey pot. Simmer for 2 1/2 minutes.
I hope you love them as much as I do!
Miscellaneous Ideas on the Web –
If you haven’t seen October’s menu, here is a link to it.
Who remembers Shrinky Dinks? Click here to see a homemade version. I hope to try these with the girls soon.
Finds & Fascinations
I absolutely love these – they taste wonderful! Do any of you already take these or drink ACV?
This comes in many colors, but this Champagne color is so light. It just leaves a shimmer.
Here are a few applications from Deuteronomy this week:
- Deut. 29:18 Roots cannot be seen, because they are under the surface. However, they are powerful, just like our thoughts. Don’t let bitterness have a chance to grow. It is like a poisonous weed.
- Deut. 30:2-9 The Lord finds delight in causing us to prosper.
- Deut. 34:10-12 What a blessing it was for Moses to have left such a legacy – the only man who “knew the Lord face to face.” Imagine what all he would have forfeited if he had given into his fears in Exodus 3 & 4!
I hope you enjoyed these recipes and ideas. Please share any thoughts, ideas, recipes, or applications you have.
Have a Grace & Joy-filled day!
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
“When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy.” Psalms 94:19