Tips for Using This Monthly Menu:
- Print the menu and keep it visible.
- Get as many of the ingredients as you can at the beginning of the month.
- Each week get the fresh ingredients needed.
- Keep certain staples on hand (baking items, seasonings, etc.)
- Buy in bulk when possible – Ex. See how many chicken meals you are going to plan, buy at least that much chicken and freeze them in smaller portions.
- Remember that this is just a guide. Nothing is set in stone. Use what you want to use and skip the rest.
What this will look like:
- I have the menu on a spreadsheet with the dates, menu item, and either a brief description or a link to the online recipe.
- For menu items like Grilled Chicken, I did not include a recipe. If you have questions about anything on the menu that doesn’t have an explanation, please contact me.
- I did not include sides on the menu. I try to keep plenty vegetables, couscous, rice, etc. Just fill in with your favorites.
I had to add a picture of this delicious dish! This is the pan grilled tilapia listed below for November 11th. The relish is what made this over the top delicious, and you could use it on chicken or other proteins as well. It is made by sauteing onion, jalapeno, and a variety of bell peppers in butter. I takes 5-10 minutes. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Monthly Menu – October
|Date||Meal||Information or Link|
|1||Hamburgers||Without the bun for me|
|2||Taco Soup||Link to Recipe|
|3||Baked Salmon and Couscous||Serve with vegetables of choice.|
|7||Rotisserie Chicken||Link to Directions|
|9||Salad with Shredded Chicken||Use any leftover rotisserie chicken.|
|10||Crock Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup||Link to Recipe|
|11||Pan Grilled Tilapia||Season & Grill – I sauteed onions, jalapenos, & bell peppers as a topping last time. See the picture above. I usually use a grill pan instead of the outdoor grill, but either is fine. Grill Pan|
|14||Chicken & Dumplings||We like the fluffy type dumplings. The Bisquick recipe is our favorite! Link to the Recipe – just add to the chicken stew.|
|16||Tater Tot Casserole|
Link to Recipe
|17||Grilled Chicken with Wild Rice|
|18||Hot Dogs in Croissants||We used to have these when I was young. Just wrap a croissant around a hot dog and bake according to the package directions.|
|22||Baked Potatoes||Make extra bacon for BLTs tomorrow night.|
|28||Fiesta Soup||Link to Recipe|
|29||Chicken Pot Pie||Link to Recipe|
|30||Pulled Pork Sandwiches||Put a Pork loin in the crock pot with a little water and seasoning. During the last hour, add BBQ sauce. Shred the meat with 2 forks when finished and serve with buns. Crock Pot|
|December 1||Chicken Alfredo|
|2||Frito Chili Pie|
Please feel free to contact me with questions, comments, or suggestions. Happy Cooking!
Have a Grace & Joy-filled day!
“When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy.” Psalms 94:19
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.