Monthly Menu for December 2022
A pre-planned menu can help you during busy nights. I hope this monthly menu for December 2022 helps make a busy month a little easier.
Tips for Using This Monthly Menu:
- Print the menu and keep it visible.
- Get as many of the ingredients as you can at the beginning of the month.
- Each week get the fresh ingredients needed.
- Keep certain staples on hand (baking items, seasonings, etc.)
- Buy in bulk when possible – Ex. See how many chicken meals you are going to plan, buy at least that much chicken and freeze them in smaller portions.
- Remember that this is just a guide. Nothing is set in stone. Use what you want to use and skip the rest.
What this will look like:
- I have the menu on a spreadsheet with the dates, menu item, and either a brief description or a link to the online recipe.
- For menu items like Grilled Chicken, I did not include a recipe. If you have questions about anything on the menu that doesn’t have an explanation, please contact me.
- I did not include sides on the menu. I try to keep plenty vegetables, couscous, rice, etc. Just fill in with your favorites.
One of my favorite sites, The Crowned Goat, just recently shared many tips on meal planning. She included a monthly menu, tips, links, and instructions for meal planning. Click here to see this wonderful information.
I experimented with a healthier version of meatloaf than what I normally make, and it was delicious! For this dish, I used ground turkey meat, 1 can of Rotel tomatoes, 1 small can of tomato sauce, diced onions and bell peppers, Italian Seasoning, and 1 egg. After mixing it well, I baked it as normal. When there was about 10 minutes left, I added the topping and let it cook. (I only had ketchup, so I mixed equal amounts of ketchup and water to make the topping.
Tip – Anytime I make meatloaf, I put all ingredients in a gallon sized baggie and blend it by mashing on the outside of the bag. This way, my hands do not get nasty.
Monthly Menu for December 2022
|Date||Meal||Information or Link|
|2||Frito Chili Pie|
|5||Turkey Meatloaf||See Above Notes|
|6||Homemade Chili||We use Carroll Shelby’s Mix|
|7||Pan Fried Tilapia w/Bell Pepper Salsa||Season & Grill – Saute’ onions, jalapenos, & bell peppers in butter. I usually use a grill pan instead of the outdoor grill, but either is fine. Grill Pan|
|8||Spanish Chicken & Rice||Link to Recipe|
|9||Chili Cheese Tater Tots||Use Leftover Chili|
|12||Chicken Pot Pie||Link to Recipe|
|13||Broccoli Cheese Soup||Link to Recipe|
|14||BLTs||Make Extra Bacon for Potatoes Tomorrow|
|19||Rotisserie Chicken||Link to Directions|
|20||Fiesta Soup||Link to Recipe|
|21||Baked Salmon with Couscous|
|22||Beef Tips and Egg Noodles or Rice||Add beef tips & 2 jars of beef gravy to a crock pot on low – add mushrooms in during the last hour. Crock Pot|
|23||15 Minute Meal||Link to Recipe|
|27||Grilled Chicken||Make Extra Chicken for Tomorrow|
|28||Grilled Chicken Salad|
Please feel free to contact me with questions, comments, or suggestions. Happy Cooking!
Have a Grace & Joy-filled day!
“When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy.” Psalms 94:19
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
So sweet of you to share our December menu ideas, Susan, I really appreciate it. Staying organized definitely helps to make the hustle and bustle of the season so much easier. I can’t wait to check out some of your menu ideas as well. They look delicious! Hugs, CoCo
I love all of your menu planning tips. They are very helpful!