Monthly Menu for January 2023
Tips for Using This Monthly Menu:
- Print the menu and keep it visible.
- Get as many of the ingredients as you can at the beginning of the month.
- Each week get the fresh ingredients needed.
- Keep certain staples on hand (baking items, seasonings, etc.)
- Buy in bulk when possible – Ex. See how many chicken meals you are going to plan, buy at least that much chicken and freeze them in smaller portions.
- Remember that this is just a guide. Nothing is set in stone. Use what you want to use and skip the rest.
What this will look like:
- I have the menu on a spreadsheet with the dates, menu item, and either a brief description or a link to the online recipe.
- For menu items like Grilled Chicken, I did not include a recipe. If you have questions about anything on the menu that doesn’t have an explanation, please contact me.
- I did not include sides on the menu. I try to keep plenty vegetables, couscous, rice, etc. Just fill in with your favorites.
Monthly Menu – January
|Date||Meal||Information or Link|
|New Year’s Day||Black-Eyed Peas & Cornbread||Happy New Year!|
|2||My Dad’s Stew||Link to the Recipe|
|3||Rotisserie Chicken||Link to the Directions|
|4||Salad with Rotisserie Chicken||Use Leftover Chicken|
|5||15 Minute Meal||Link to Recipe|
|9||Poblano Chicken||Link to the Recipe|
Hamburger Patties w/Sauteed Mushrooms & Onions
|12||Baked Salmon w/ Couscous & Asparagus|
|16||Turkey Meatloaf||See the instructions here in the Dec. Menu.|
|17||Pork Loin with Carrots & Potatoes|
|20||Pulled Pork Sandwiches||Use any leftover pork loin.|
|23||Chicken Crusted Low-Carb Pizza||Link to the Recipe – I do not use the Almond Flour with mine.|
|25||Pan Fried Tilapia w/Bell Pepper Salsa||Season & Grill – Saute’ onions, jalapenos, & bell peppers in butter. I usually use a grill pan instead of the outdoor grill, but either is fine. Grill Pan|
|26||Apricot Chicken||Bake chicken as usual, but add Apricot Preserves to the top when there are 15 minutes left to cook.|
|27||Chicken Taco Soup||Link to the Recipe|
|30||Beef Roast with Vegetables|
|31||Roast Beef Sandwiches|
Please feel free to contact me with questions, comments, or suggestions. For other ideas, see thr previous months’ menus – the links are below. Happy Cooking!
Have a Grace & Joy-filled day!
“When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy.” Psalms 94:19
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
This is such a great idea and takes the guessing out of what to fix for supper. I see you had black eyed peas and cornbread on the first. We did too along with cabbage 🙂 Thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 96. Shared.
We sure did! I missed out on the cabbage though. 🙁 Thank you for the share!
That sounds like such a delicious month!
Love this! Especially the links you provide for those of us always in search of new dinner ideas.
Stopping by via the Sweet Tea & Friends Monthly Linkup Party. Have a fantastic New Year!
Thank you so much! It helps me out tremendously to have it all in one place.
Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 97. Shared again.
I love to meal plan too! I’m always on the look-out for new recipes to try. Thank you for the inspiration and linking recipes. Happy New Year!!
The meal planning helps me so much. Happy New Year to you too!!
Thanks for some great ideas! I’m currently cooking for just two, and stocking my pantry almost from scratch after a move, so I’m trying to get into a routine of planning menus further in advance. I’m used to cooking for at least six and planning only a week in advance! Visiting from Sweet Tea & Friends
I am also cooking for two now. I’ve cut things in half, unless I want leftovers or can freeze them. It was an adjustment, but the grocery bill is down. 😃