Tips for Using This Monthly Menu:
- Print the menu and keep it visible.
- Get as many of the ingredients as you can at the beginning of the month.
- Each week get the fresh ingredients needed.
- Keep certain staples on hand (baking items, seasonings, etc.)
- Buy in bulk when possible – Ex. See how many chicken meals you are going to plan, buy at least that much chicken and freeze them in smaller portions.
- Remember that this is just a guide. Nothing is set in stone. Use what you want to use and skip the rest.
What this will look like:
- I have the menu on a spreadsheet with the dates, menu item, and either a brief description or a link to the online recipe.
- For menu items like Grilled Chicken, I did not include a recipe. If you have questions about anything on the menu that doesn’t have an explanation, please contact me.
- I did not include sides on the menu. I try to keep plenty vegetables, couscous, rice, etc. Just fill in with your favorites.
Monthly Menu – January
|Date||Meal||Information or Link|
|New Year’s Day||Black-Eyed Peas & Cornbread||Happy New Year!|
|2||My Dad’s Stew||Link to the Recipe|
|3||Rotisserie Chicken||Link to the Directions|
|4||Salad with Rotisserie Chicken||Use Leftover Chicken|
|5||15 Minute Meal||Link to Recipe|
|9||Poblano Chicken||Link to the Recipe|
Hamburger Patties w/Sauteed Mushrooms & Onions
|12||Baked Salmon w/ Couscous & Asparagus|
|16||Turkey Meatloaf||See the instructions here in the Dec. Menu.|
|17||Pork Loin with Carrots & Potatoes|
|20||Pulled Pork Sandwiches||Use any leftover pork loin.|
|23||Chicken Crusted Low-Carb Pizza||Link to the Recipe – I do not use the Almond Flour with mine.|
|25||Pan Fried Tilapia w/Bell Pepper Salsa||Season & Grill – Saute’ onions, jalapenos, & bell peppers in butter. I usually use a grill pan instead of the outdoor grill, but either is fine. Grill Pan|
|26||Apricot Chicken||Bake chicken as usual, but add Apricot Preserves to the top when there are 15 minutes left to cook.|
|27||Chicken Taco Soup||Link to the Recipe|
|30||Beef Roast with Vegetables|
|31||Roast Beef Sandwiches|
Please feel free to contact me with questions, comments, or suggestions. For other ideas, see thr previous months’ menus – the links are below. Happy Cooking!
Have a Grace & Joy-filled day!
“When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy.” Psalms 94:19
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.