Saturday Morning Devotional
There is definitely a common thread throughout the Bible – Love! The Word teaches us to love the Lord, to love others, and especially that the Lord loves us. You can say that It is all about love!
It Is All About Love
Not too long ago, I was reading the book of Mark and came to the scriptures where a scribe asked Jesus which commandment was the most important. Here was His reply:
As you think about this, the 10 Commandments all come down to these two commands, which makes it pretty simple. Love the Lord and love others. It is all about love!
Let’s take a look at how they align.
The First Love Commandment
When we love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength, we will:
- NOT have any other gods before Him – because we love Him.
- NOT worship idols – because we love Him.
- NOT use the Lord’s Name in vain – because we love Him.
- NOT misuse the Lord’s Day – because we love Him.
The Second Love Commandment
When we love other people as we love ourselves, we:
- WILL honor our parents – because we love them as ourselves.
- Will NOT kill anyone – because we love others as ourselves.
- Will NOT commit adultery – because we love others as ourselves.
- Will NOT steal from anyone – because we love others as ourselves.
- Will NOT lie about anyone or to anyone – because we love others as ourselves.
- Will NOT covet other’s things – because we love others as ourselves.
That covers all 10 Commandments! When you keep the two “Most Important Commandments,” by default you will keep the others. It really is all about love!
Scriptures From the “Love” Chapter
“Love finds no joy in unrighteousness but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.”
I Cor. 13:6-8a
“Now these three remain: faith, hope, and love – but the greatest of these is love.”
I Cor. 13:13
You may not be surprised that the song that keeps coming to my mind this week is, “Love is All You Need” by the Beatles. Enjoy!
One of the administrators in our school district sends out a monthly newsletter as an encouragement to the employees. I always enjoy them, but I really wanted to share this month’s with you. Click the link below to see Rebekah Russler’s newsletter, “Lead With Love.”
Links to Recent Posts
This week as we celebrate Valentine’s Day, our attention will be turned to love. Let’s keep our attention focused on love the rest of the year as well. Always remember that it is all about love!
Until next time…
“When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy.” Psalms 94:19