Life Applications from the Bible
These are some of the life applications from the Bible from last week:
- Luke 6:27-36 – The Lord tells us to be different than the world. The characteristics and actions listed in these scriptures are very different from the world:
- Love your enemies.
- Love those who hate you.
- Bless those who curse you.
- Pray for those who mistreat you.
- Turn the other cheek.
- Offer more than people take from you.
- Give to people in need.
- Be gracious to the ungrateful.
- Do not judge.
- Do not condemn.
- Forgive people.
- Be merciful.
- Luke 7:22 – He told the disciples to tell John all of the miracles they had witnessed. In the list of miracles was, “And the poor are told the Good News.” We normally don’t think of sharing the Good News as a miracle, but that is exactly what leads people to eternal life! What miracle could be greater?
If you have joined me recently, these weekly life applications from the Bible are examples of some of the comments I write in the Bibles I am giving to my grandchildren when they graduate. Click here to see the post where I explain this eternal gift idea.
If you are not familiar with the You Version Bible App, take a look. You can read the Bible, devotionals, or get the verse of the day on your phone or computer. Click the link here to go to the website.
I hope you found something in these life applications you can use. Also, if you haven’t downloaded the “31 Days of Joy” scripture Ebook, you can find it on the right side of the website. I pray it is an encouragement to you.
Have a Grace & Joy-filled day!
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
“Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet, and a Light unto my path.” Psalms 119:105
Linda Stoll says
I’ve been appreciating the You Version in recent days … thank you for sharing His Word with us, Susan. So good to meet you here this evening.
It’s very nice to meet you too! I love all of the ideas and posts in these link parties!
Gah – there are so many things from the first scripture that seem impossible to do sometimes Susan! Thanks for the reminder we aren’t even asked to do it in our own strength but in His. Hugs for a happy weekend, CoCo
Yes, only in His strength!!!😊