Life Applications from the Bible – Vol. 26
These are some of the life applications I saw in Luke this last week:
- Luke 12:4-56 – This entire section seems to contrast our earthly treasures with Heavenly treasures.
- 4 – 7 Don’t fear people who can kill the body – fear God Who has authority over your eternity.
- 13 – 21 Don’t store up treasures on Earth – give and have treasures waiting for you in Heaven.
- 22 – 34 Don’t worry about earthly things.
- Food – The Lord provides for even the birds.
- Clothing – The Lord clothes even the flowers.
- Treasures on Earth can be stolen and destroyed, but no one can touch your treasures in Heaven.
- 35 – 48 Service – Use what He has given you for His purposes vs. doing nothing with the gifts He has given you for His service.
- 54 – 56 What interests you more, earthly things like the weather or Heavenly things like signs of the times?
- Luke 12:34 – This seems to be a key verse for all of these contrasts. So ask yourself, “Where is your treasure – on Earth or in Heaven? That is where your heart and focus will be.
- Luke 15:17 – Life experiences (whether out of our control or logical consequences for our actions) have a way of teaching us lessons, getting us back where we need to be, humbling us, and giving us wisdom.
If you have joined me recently, these weekly life applications from the Bible are examples of some of the comments I write in the Bibles I am giving to my grandchildren when they graduate. Click here to see the post where I explain this eternal gift idea.
I just recently found a site filled with 101 Bible topics/devotionals for women. Here is the link to see the site, “Faithfully Planted.”
I would love to pray for any specific needs you may have. Feel free to email me any prayer requests. Other than that, stay in the Word daily. I pray the weekly life applications help you in some way.
Have a Grace & Joy-filled day!
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
“Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet, and a Light unto my path.” Psalms 119:105