Life Applications from the Bible – Vol. 30
There are so many wonderful life applications throughout the Bible, and I love what I am finding in Genesis! It is amazing to see how the Lord speaks to us through His Word for our benefit.
Life Applications in Genesis
- Gen. 4:5-6
- Always check your heart when you are mad at someone. It could be your own heart issue.
- It is usually easier to be mad at someone else instead of ourselves. If we are mad at ourselves, we see our faults and sins, humble ourselves, admit them, and ask for forgiveness. It is sometimes easier just to take it out on someone else.
- Jealousy causes all sorts of problems.
- Don’t let sin rule over you. Be in charge and rule over sin! Don’t let it reign in your life or have any authority over you. You be the boss!
- Gen. 8:21 – Even though the human heart is inclined toward sin, the Lord sent His Son to die for us, even while we were in this sinful condition! That is what this weekend (Easter) is all about!
- Genesis 12:1 – We tend to want to know all of the details before we step out and follow what the Lord tells us to do. Faith is stepping out in obedience when we don’t have all of the details. We have to trust Him. Go when he says, “Go,” and stop when He says, “Stop.”
Life Application Resources
I came across a wonderful post this past week entitled, “Applying God’s Word.” If you struggle with reading the Word and applying it to your life, I highly recommend reading this post. There are simple steps you can take to help you see what the Lord may be saying to you. It is based on the following scripture:
“But be doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.”
If you have joined me recently, these weekly life applications from the Bible are examples of some of the comments I write in the Bibles I am giving to my grandchildren when they graduate. Click here to see the post where I explain this eternal gift idea.
I would love to pray for any specific needs you may have. Feel free to email me any prayer requests. Other than that, stay in the Word daily. I pray the weekly life applications help you in some way.
Have a Grace & Joy-filled day!
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
“Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet, and a Light unto my path.” Psalms 119:105