Life Applications from the Bible – Vol. 33
I am still continuing on in Genesis. I am curious if any of you are reading in Genesis as well. There are so many life applications we can use in our daily lives.
Here are some of the life applications I found this week:
Life Applications in Genesis
- Gen. 28:8-9
- With Esau knowing the history between his father, Isaac and his brother Ishmael, this had to be like a slap in the face to Isaac.
- Revenge and anger caused him to rebel and make bad, harmful choices.
- Don’t let your anger lead you to do something you will regret later.
- Gen. 28: 15 – The Lord was with Jacob through his time of waiting.
- The Lord could have fulfilled the promise right then, but He knew that was not best. Jacob was not mature enough to handle the blessing yet. He wasn’t spiritually mature enough at that time either.
- The Lord allowed Jacob to go through different situations in the waiting time to prepare him to receive the blessing.
- Don’t get discouraged when you are in a waiting period. Get busy learning and growing so you can receive what the Lord has for you!
- Genesis 31:1-2 – Sometimes success leads to jealousy. Jealousy can ruin relationships and even tear families apart.
Life Application Resources
I found a great post this week called, “How to Get Wisdom from God.” It is not specifically talking about your Bible reading, but it is an overall message on wisdom from the Lord. If you get a chance, take a look at it.
If you have joined me recently, these weekly life applications from the Bible are examples of some of the comments I write in the Bibles I am giving to my grandchildren when they graduate. Click here to see the post where I explain this eternal gift idea.
I pray these weekly life applications help you in some way. Until next week, stay in the Word, listen to what He is telling you, and share the insights with us all.
Have a Grace & Joy-filled day!
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
“Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet, and a Light unto my path.” Psalms 119:105