I am sure many of you have a certain event or tradition you do every year that kind of kickstarts your Christmas season. We have a few traditions that I never want to give up doing with friends and family. This Favorite Things Party is one of those events. It is the first Christmas event I have each year, and I always look forward to it.
If you have never heard of a Favorite Things Party, you are not alone. A friend of mine planned one several years ago for a Church Fellowship, and most of us had no idea what to expect. Since that time, we have all come to love it.
The basics are very simple:
- Food & Drinks
- Favorite Things (3)
The lady who hosts the party each year (Kelly) has the gift of hospitality and entertaining. She always has several sets of different drink stations.
Everyone brings finger foods, and there is always plenty! This picture was taken early on, before all of the food arrived. There was such a variety.
The only real things that needs to be explain are the Favorite Things. Everyone brings three identical gifts, which will go to three different people. The gifts are things you really love – your favorite things.
When you arrive, you put your name in a bowl three times, and everyone draws a number. When it is your turn to go (based on the number your drew), grab your gifts and unwrap one of them. Explain why the gift or items are your favorite things. When you are finished, draw three different names from the bowl and give them your gifts.
By the time a person has gone over why they like their item so much, everyone is really hoping they get it. We have started keeping our phones with us for this part of the party. If there is something people really like but don’t get, they order it right then.
Here are a few of our favorite things from this year with links below, just in case you think they are as wonderful as we did. Some people received them as gifts, and some were ordered that night.
If you are looking for a few more gift ideas, take a look at these. These are some of the things I received, so I can attest to how great they are.
- Beanie – I got this and love it. It is very soft and warm.
- Foley Fork – I also got this one. Most of us had never heard of this, but it is very useful in the kitchen, especially mixing.
- Lip Sleeping Mask – This is another one that I received. It is truly amazing! I use it at night to help with chapped lips.
- Selena Gomez’s Mascara – I did not end up with this one. The lady who shared this did a lot of research on mascara before her daughter got married. She said this one was the ultimate!
- Set of 4 Serving Bowls – This one is another one that I received along with the Foley Fork. They are great quality and uniquely shaped.
- Stars Above Pajamas – These were not mine. These are a Target brand, and they come in a variety of patterns and styles. The lady who gave this one shared a variety of the pajamas from her own collection and gave Target gift cards as the gifts. They are very soft!
There were many other gifts: charcuterie boards, Geometry dish towels, bowl cozies, lotion, coffee products, and so much more. I would love to share them all, but I cannot remember the exact brands for some or find links for others.
Just for the record, I have already found the most amazing “favorite thing!” If there is a party next year and I am on the invitation list, I already know what I am getting!
If your are looking for a fun yet different type of party to have this year, I encourage you to have a Favorite Things Party.
If you are looking for other ideas and haven’t seen the post about our family’s pajama party, click here. It was also a lot of fun. There is also an easy Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe on that post.
If you have other Christmas party ideas that are just a little different, please share in the comments. I would love to hear about them.
Have a Grace & Joy-filled day!
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
“When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy.” Psalms 94:19