Life Applications from the Bible
I finally found the Bible I wanted to use for Evelyn’s graduation gift (several years from now). That means I am now starting fresh with a new Bible. I will be going through the Bible and taking notes for her. Since I just finished rereading Matthew, I am going to start with the Book of Mark.
Here are a few life applications from the Bible I received from my reading in Matthew and Mark last week:
- Matt 25:45 – It is so easy to ignore needs and turn a blind eye to them. If you act like you don’t see the need, no one may know otherwise. However the Lord knows that you see them and choose to ignore them. Watch how you treat people.
- Matt. 26:75 & 27:3-5 – Both Peter and Judas sinned against the Lord. They were both remorseful and full of regret. However, their outcomes were very different. Judas took his life, and Peter went on to help build the Church.
- Everyone makes bad choices that you wish you could change.
- The important thing is how you come out of the bad choices.
- Learn from them, change, and do good to help make a difference in the lives of others.
- Matt. 28:5-7 – We can say the same thing when we lose a loved one who was in Christ. (How fitting that this was the passage I read on the anniversary of my son’s death.)
- Don’t be afraid!
- They are not here (in the grave).
- Go tell others so they can also have resurrected life.
- Mark 1:44 – He was told not to tell, but he was so excited about his healing that he shared it widely. We have eternal healing and are told to share it boldly. However, we tend to keep quiet about it. Maybe we need to get our excitement back so we will share our story.
I would love for you to join me in this weekly venture. I don’t really have a set pace or amount of daily reading. It is more about the meaning and application.
If you are looking for a Bible for a girl, this is the one I got for Evelyn. I love it!
If you have just joined me recently, these weekly life applications from the Bible are examples of some of the comments I write in the Bibles I am giving to my grandchildren when they graduate. Click here to see the post where I explain this eternal gift idea.
If you are not familiar with the You Version Bible App, take a look. You can read the Bible, devotionals, or get the verse of the day on your phone or computer. Click the link here to go to the website.
I hope you found something in these life applications you can use. Please share any thoughts or insights the Lord has put on your heart this week.
Have a Grace & Joy-filled day!
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
“Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet, and a Light unto my path.” Psalms 119:105