Here are the monthly menu and recipes for October’s meal plan. This menu includes main dish recipes with a few mentions of sides for the entire month of October. I do my menu planning for weeknights only, and Friday nights are usually something quick and easy. Just add in the sides you desire, and you are set. I hope this guide is helpful for you and your whole family.
I will send out reminders of the weekly menu plan each Monday in my weekly newsletter. If you would like to receive these reminders, along with other recipes and information, please join here.
Tips for Using This Monthly Menu:
- Print the menu and keep it visible.
- Keep certain staples on hand (baking items, seasonings, etc.)
- Buy in bulk when possible.
- Look at the monthly meal plan and make a shopping list of all items you can get in advance. If possible, buy all of these items once instead of making multiple grocery trips.
- Set aside time at the beginning of the month to prepare food (cut vegetables, divide bulk items and freeze when necessary, etc.)
- Look at your weekly meal plans over the weekend, and make one trip to the grocery store or farmers markets to get fresh items you will need.
- Remember that this is just a guide – use what you want and skip the rest.
Monthly Menu for October
|Date||Meal||Information or Link|
|10/2||Shrimp Scampi||Link to the Recipe|
|3||Pork Roast w/Veg.|
|4||Taco Bar||National Taco Day|
|5||Cilantro Chicken||Link to the Recipe|
|6||Baked Potato Bar||Serve w/Butter, Cheese, Sour Cream, Bacon, etc.|
|9||Green Stew||Link to the Recipe|
|11||Chicken & Shrimp Stir Fry|
|12||Fajitas||Serve w/Rice, Beans, Tortilla Chips, and Salsa|
|13||Raviolis||I like the frozen ones.|
|16||Tamale Casserole||Link to the Recipe|
|17||Rotisserie Chicken||Link to Instructions|
|18||Beef Tips & Rice|
|19||Turkey Meatloaf||You can use ground beef if you don’t like ground turkey.|
|20||Chicken Strip Salad|
|23||Poblano Chicken||Link to the Recipe|
|24||Crock Pot Pork Chops||Link to the Recipe|
|25||Mushroom Burger Casserole||Link to the Recipe|
|26||Baked Salmon||Great with Couscous & Green Beans|
|30||Spaghetti & Meat Sauce||You can use spaghetti squash instead of pasta if you want.|
Favorite Cooking Items
Here are some of my favorite cooking items I will be using this month. I will add links below if you want more information.
I hope this monthly menu for October (my favorite month of the year) saves you a lot of time on the weeknights! Please share suggestions, feedback, and any other quick and easy favorite recipes you love. I love to try new ideas!
Until next month,
Have a Grace & Joy-Filled Day!
“When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy.” Psalms 94:19
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.