Life Applications from the Bible – Vol. 41
I love the way the Lord speaks to us and shares life applications through His Word.
- Matt. 22:5
- He had such a blessing in store for them, but they put family, possessions, and business before Him.
- When we don’t make the Lord our first priority, we are missing out on His blessings.
- Matt. 23:1-36 – Not only did they hurt themselves, but they didn’t allow their children to receive this ultimate love and protection either!
- Matt. 25:1-5, 10
- The wise virgins were prepared because they knew what they wanted. The bridegroom was their priority.
- The foolish virgins were just living for the moment. They did not keep their eyes focused on the prize.
- Living in a world full of distractions competing for our attention can be difficult. We need to keep our eyes on the Heavenly Prize.
- Matt. 25:21,23
- I have always focused on the first parts of these verses, “Well done, good and faithful servant!” I don’t think I really paid attention to the last part, “Share in your Master’s joy.”
- It is interesting to me to think that when we use the talents the Lord has given us, it brings Him joy. He then allows us to share in that joy! What a blessing!
Life Application Resources
If you have joined me recently, these weekly life applications from the Bible are examples of some of the comments I write in the Bibles I am giving to my grandchildren when they graduate from high school. The one pictured above will be Evelyn’s. Click here to see the post where I explain this eternal gift idea.
I always share the Bible I am working on, which is for women, because all of my grandchildren are girls. It never occurred to me to share one from a man’s perspective until this week. The rose gold Bible is Evelyn’s, and the brown one is the one Jay uses for his personal Bible reading.
I pray these weekly life applications help you in some way. Please share any encouragement and lessons you have learned this week.
Have a Grace & Joy-Filled day!
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
“Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet, and a Light unto my path.” Psalms 119:105