Life Applications from the Bible – Vol. 49
I love it when the Old Testament and the New Testament go together and share the same life applications. As I finished up Exodus, I made a note about the cloud covering the tent and the glory of the Lord filling the tabernacle. I wrote in my own journal, “The Lord dwelt among them.”
The following day I began reading the Book of John, just as I had planned. In the very first section, this scripture grabbed my attention:
“The Word became flesh and dwelt among us…”
When I think about the Book of John, it seems like the fact that He dwells among us is a common theme. Let’s take a look at some other life applications we find in John. I hope you will join me as we read this wonderful book of the Bible.
- John 1:29-35
- Many times John the Baptist used the word, “Look,” to point people to Christ. He knew his mission and purpose was to lead others to Christ, and he did it every time he had the chance.
- We should focus on this same mission – leading others to Christ.
- John 2:5,11
- Mary knew that He had their best interest at heart.
- She knew that total obedience to Him was to their benefit.
- Total obedience to him is in our best interest as well.
- When we do whatever He tells us to do, even when it doesn’t make sense to us, we get to see His glory!
- John 3:28-20
- Even though John’s disciples had been told ahead of time that this was the plan, their human nature was to be competitive and want more for themselves.
- John knew his role and his purpose. He was actually seeing it be fulfilled, which brought him much joy!
- Seek out your purpose and live it out instead of living out someone else’s plan. When we live our own plan out, it brings us more joy.
Reading in the Book of John has really been refreshing! I look forward to whatever life applications the Lord sends our way.
Life Application Resources
If you have joined me recently, these weekly life applications from the Bible are examples of some of the comments I write in the Bibles I am giving to my grandchildren when they graduate from high school. Click here to see the post where I explain this eternal gift idea.
The rose colored Bible is the one I am using for my youngest granddaughter, and I really love it! The brown study Bible is the one Jay uses.
I pray these weekly life applications help you in some way. Please share any encouragement and lessons you have learned this week.
Have a Grace & Joy-Filled Day!
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
“Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet, and a Light unto my path.” Psalms 119:105