Lets take a look at some of the life applications and lessons from the Book of Acts. There are so many, but these are some of the ones that stood out to me this week.
In this week’s verses, we get to see more of how the early Church spread to the Gentiles and throughout the area. Peter and Paul are the main people in this week’s passages, but there are several other key people who helped build the Church.
Let’s look at some of the life applications and lessons in this week’s Bible studies in the Book of Acts and try to apply them to our lives.
Life Applications and Lessons – Acts
- Acts 12: 1-4
- We do not know why some of the early believers were violently killed, others imprisoned and tortured, and yet others were safe.
- We do know that the Lord was glorified through each of these situations though.
- When you go through hardships and trials, it may not make sense at the time, or maybe even in this lifetime, but it can bring glory to God. We just need to trust Him through it.
- Acts 12:5-16 – Intercessory Prayer is Powerful!
- V. 5 – The people of the Church were praying fervently for Peter.
- V. 7 – The chains fell off of him!
- V. 10 – The doors were opened!
- V. 12 – The Church gathered together and continued to pray.
- V. 15 – Because the circumstances were so bleak for Peter, the people didn’t believe that he was at the door, even though that was exactly what they had been praying to happen.
- V. 16 – When they saw it with their own eyes, they were amazed.
We are all saved by Faith!
- Acts 16:16-20
- She was just property to them – an income.
- In life, especially in business situations, we have to be aware of how we see people. It is easy to see them as opportunities instead of children of God.
- Acts 16:25-34 – The way we handle adversity is a witness to the people around us – believers and non-believers!
- Acts 17:11 – Especially now with all of the content and information at our fingertips, we have to be careful what we accept as truth. We need to read the Bible consistently and test everything through It’s filter.
Life Applications in Bible Study
Please join us as we read the Word each week and share your insights on these scriptures as well. Next week, continue reading the Book of Acts, and we will see what other life applications the Lord has for us.
Life Application Resources
If you have joined me recently, these daily life applications from the Bible are examples of some of the comments I am writing in the Bibles I am giving to my grandchildren when they graduate from high school. Click here to see the post where I explain this eternal gift idea. I want to give them all the resources I can to use in today’s world!
The rose colored Bible is the one I am using for my youngest granddaughter, and I really love it! The brown study Bible is the one Jay uses for his personal Bible study.
I pray these weekly life applications help you in your everyday life and in any specific situations you may be facing. Please share any encouragement and lessons you have learned this week as you read God’s Word. I would love to hear your thoughts.
Until next week…
“Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet, and a Light unto my path.” Psalms 119:105