From the Book of Joshua
This week’s readings in Joshua started out with a few life applications and lessons, and then it got into the tribal inheritances. It is quite amazing that the Lord will still speak to us in a portion of His Word where land is being divided.
Let’s start with a few of the life applications and lessons before the land was being divided.
Life Applications and Lessons
- Joshua set a great example for us. He was in complete and total obedience to the Lord’s commands.
- Although we will never be perfect while we are living in the flesh, we need to strive to live in total obedience to the Lord’s commands.
- As Joshua got older, he was let off of the hook for fighting and conquering the land, but he still had a job. Now he would be in charge of distributing the land.
- I know of two people who retired this week, and I am not far behind them (June)! Just because we retire doesn’t mean the Lord is finished with us!
- Be available for the Lord to use you in all stages of life.
- Joshua and Caleb were the only men left who didn’t die in the 40 years of wilderness wanderings.
- They were both blessed because of their obedience, even though they had to suffer the consequences of other people’s sins.
- We may have consequences for things we didn’t do or cause to happen. Keep doing the right thing, and you will be blessed.
Life Applications and Lessons About Inheritance
Joshua 15:13, 19
- This was an inheritance. It was given for being in the family.
- We are part of the Lord’s family and will receive His inheritance.
- Both of Joseph’s sons received an inheritance from Jacob/Israel. They received their portions because he claimed them as his own.
- Blessings come when we are part of “the Family.”
Life Applications and Lessons in Bible Study
Please join us as we read the Word each week and share your insights on these scriptures as well.
Life Applications and Lessons Resources
If you have joined me recently, these daily life applications from the Bible are examples of some of the comments I am writing in the Bibles I am giving to my grandchildren when they graduate from high school. Click here to see the post where I explain this eternal gift idea. I want to give them all the resources I can to use in today’s world!
The rose colored Bible is the one I am using for my youngest granddaughter, and I really love it! The brown study Bible is the one Jay uses for his personal Bible study.
I hope these life applications and lessons will help you in some aspect of life. Please share any encouragement and lessons you have learned this week as you read the Word of God. I would love to hear your thoughts.
Until next week…
“From one Man He has made every nationality to live over the whole earth and has determined their appointed times and the boundaries of where they live.” Acts 17:26