How to Make the Best Cilantro Lime Chicken Bowl
A couple of weekends ago, we decided to take Ally with us to go eat, which of course required a dog friendly restaurant. Once we found one, we got her settled and ordered our food. I was trying to eat semi-healthy, so I ordered something called a Paco Bowl. Who knew that something healthy could be so delicious? I knew right away I would be re-creating this meal. See my version of how to make the best Cilantro Lime Chicken Bowl.
Inspired by a Dog-Friendly Restaurant
Ingredients for the Cilantro Lime Chicken Bowl:
- Chicken Breast, Cubed (We get the best organic chicken from our daughter and her family.) Click the link to read about our granddaughters raising chickens at CC Ranch.
- 1 Can of Black Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 1 Can of Corn, Rinsed and Drained
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Cilantro, Cut into small pieces
- An Avocado
- Pico de Gallo
- Half of a Lime
- Queso Fresco (2 Stores were out of this cheese, so I used what I had which was Mozzarella.)
- Sauce of some sort – The restaurant used Picante Sauce. We tried it with Picante Sauce and this Avocado Ranch sauce to see which we liked best. Both were great.
Directions for Making the Bowls:
Each item is prepared separately so that each person can make their own bowl. By doing it this way, each person can add what they like and leave out the other ingredients.
- Chicken – Stir fry the chicken in a skillet, seasoning it with Pepper, Seasoning Salt, and a little Taco Seasoning.
- Beans – Rinse, drain, and put in a serving bowl.
- Corn – Rinse, drain, and roast in a dry skillet. This gives the corn a grilled taste which is delicious. It brings out a lot of flavor and does not even need seasoning. Add to a serving bowl.
- Rice – Cook according to package directions.
- Avocado – Cut into small chunks. Squeeze 1/2 of the lime over the avocado.
- Remaining Ingredients – Place everything on a counter, buffet style for serving.
Once everything is ready, let everyone make their own Cilantro Lime Chicken Bowl.
Other Options & Substitutions
Almost any of the ingredients could be substituted or added.
- Any flavor or type of rice
- Tons of cheese options
- Choose your favorite sauce. If you are looking for a fresh salsa, see this Fresh Roasted Salsa recipe.
- Fresh chopped jalapenos! I can’t believe I didn’t think to add these in until it was too late. Next time I will definitely add these.
This Cilantro Lime Chicken Bowl is one of my new favorite meals. Besides being a little more healthy than what I normally eat, there is so much flavor in this. It is very refreshing, and will especially be great through the summer months.
Please give this a try and let me know what you think. If you have other ideas, share those as well.
Have a Grace & Joy-filled day!
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
“When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy.” Psalms 94:19