Life Applications from the Bible – Vol. 35
Joseph had many highs and lows in his life. I love seeing how he handled every situation. They really give us an opportunity to learn important life applications that we can apply to our own lives. I hope you are enjoying them as much as I am.
Here are some of the life applications I found this week from Joseph’s life:
- Gen. 41:40 – Everyone except for Pharaoh would be under Joseph’s leadership and authority.
- This would include Potiphar and his wife, who had him put in prison unjustly – if they were still alive and in Egypt. That would have been interesting!
- If you are treated unfairly, leave it in the Lord’s hands. He will handle it all in His timing.
- Gen. 41:51-52 – Joseph obviously hadn’t completely forgotten what he had been through or about his family, but the Lord blessed him, and he had joy in the midst of his loss.
- He looked on the positive side of things. Instead of becoming bitter, he CHOSE to become better. It is a choice!
- Use the hard and painful things in your life to become better.
- Genesis 45:5
- There are probably things in everyone’s lives they wish they could change. These things can bring about regret and pain. Instead of focusing on the things you can’t change, allow the Lord to use them for good, even if the good is just to draw you closer to Him. (That is not a small thing.) Don’t let the lessons be wasted.
- God did not make the brothers sin, but He used their sin to bring about His purpose of deliverance to their families and the surrounding nations.
Life Application Resources
If you have joined me recently, these weekly life applications from the Bible are examples of some of the comments I write in the Bibles I am giving to my grandchildren when they graduate. Click here to see the post where I explain this eternal gift idea. I just talked about this in the post, “What Do Graduates Really Want?” A friend who has a graduate this year mentioned that she wished she knew about this earlier. This can be given at just about any time. College graduation will be right around the corner!
I pray these weekly life applications help you in some way. Please share the life lessons you have learned from the Bible.
Have a Grace & Joy-filled day!
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
“Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet, and a Light unto my path.” Psalms 119:105