I love a good pasta salad, and I have a wonderful recipe for a Zesty Italian Pasta Salad that I would like to share. It is better than any store bought version that I have ever had, because it is made with fresh ingredients. It comes together just as quickly as the ones in the boxes, but it is much tastier.
Tips and Tricks
Before we get started, here are a few tips and tricks:
- Keep an empty grocery sack on the counter when you are chopping all the vegetables. Use it to collect the trash.
- Dice vegetables such as bell peppers, jalapenos, and onions in advance. Keep a supply in the refrigerator as well as in the freezer.
- When boiling the pasta, rub a layer of cooking oil around the top of the pan with a paper towel. This will keep the water from boiling over and onto the stove.
Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut all of the vegetables.
- Add the dry Italian Seasoning packet and mix well.
- Drain the pasta and add to the vegetables.
- Add the bottle of Italian dressing and stir well.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
Zesty Italian Pasta Salad Variations
- Omit any vegetables you do not like.
- Use diced tomatoes instead of Pico de Gallo.
- Add chunks of Mozzarella cheese.
- Add chunks of your favorite Italian meat. (Pepperoni, Salami, etc.)
Whether you are making a quick lunch or fixing something for a potluck, this Zesty Italian Pasta Salad is great. I hope you enjoy the freshness of this dish as well as the ease of it. Enjoy!
Favorite Kitchen Gadgets
Pasta Related Recipes
Until next week…
Have a Grace & Joy-Filled Day!
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.” Matthew 5:6