There are so many life applications in the book of John. Let’s take a look at a few and see how we can apply them to our lives.
- John 7:4-5
- Jesus’ brothers seemed to have a sarcastic tone about them.
- Sometimes it is easier to make rude comments to family and close friends because they are familiar to us.
- We need to follow Jesus’ example – He responded kindly.
- John 7:41-42
- They had pre-conceived ideas about the Messiah.
- Because of these ideas, they were close-minded and set in their thoughts.
- Many of them jumped on the bandwagon of negativity and made judgments without having all of the facts.
- So many times we do these very same things. It is important to seek the Lord in all things. Be open to what He tells you.
- John 9:25
- The blind man knew more than the experts because he had a personal experience with Jesus, not just book knowledge.
- When you have a personal experience with the Lord, you can testify with boldness.
Once again, look for a few other life applications from the book of John to come out in this week’s “Saturday Morning Devotional.” As I read about the Shepherd leading the sheep, I couldn’t help but remember a time my sister showed a steer at the county fair. The funny story will be included!🤣
Life Application Resources
If you have joined me recently, these weekly life applications from the Bible are examples of some of the comments I write in the Bibles I am giving to my grandchildren when they graduate from high school. Click here to see the post where I explain this eternal gift idea.
The rose colored Bible is the one I am using for my youngest granddaughter, and I really love it! The brown study Bible is the one Jay uses.
I pray these weekly life applications help you in some way. Please share any encouragement and lessons you have learned this week.
Have a Grace & Joy-Filled Day!
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this page. Thank you for supporting Home with Grace and Joy. When you purchase an item, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
“Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet, and a Light unto my path.” Psalms 119:105